Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Board of Elections - November 5, 2013

Sticker reward for voting from the Board
of Elections. Great - and would be better
with coupons  from companies to reward
voters!
I recently posted something critical of the Board of Elections. I don't take any of that back, but I do like the idea of getting an "I Voted" sticker when I left my polling place yesterday.

It helped offset the fact that the polling place is four blocks south of where I live, and it has been switching between locations that are a block apart. I went initially to the old location.

As I was leaving, having voted, a young woman on her way in marveled at the paper ballots and said: "Most people here have iPhones, and we still are using paper ballots?"

Back to the sticker -- it would have been even more appreciated if it was accompanied by a coupon for a pint or scoop of ice cream from Ben & Jerry's, or something like that. Ben and Jerry and other companies have done that for people dropping off their tax returns at the General Post Office on April 15.

No comments:

Post a Comment