The position supports the work of an economic policy research and advocacy firm participating in the national economic policy making process, working with legislators, academics, public interest groups, and progressive organizations via engagement in economic policy legislative and political projects with a principal focus on fiscal and financial policy.
The position involves working with a team of writers/researchers on policy products and projects relating to a range of domestic economic policy issues. It includes various administrative responsibilities. The work is a mix of legislative and political projects and offers hands-on experience collaborating with colleagues and partners and preparing deliverables for clients.
Compensation: Competitive, commensurate with experience and performance, $15-20/hr, plus expenses
Schedule: Flexible; 20-40 hrs/week
- Research and writing on a range of domestic economic policy issues
- Administrative tasks such as planning meetings, taking detailed notes, tracking timelines for projects and specific to-do lists
- Assist in distribution of a regular newsletter
- Occasional event planning and tech support (iPhone, printer, wireless networks)
- Proven experience as a policy researcher
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures and office equipment
- Proficiency in MS Office/Google Drive, and MailChimp programs
- Excellent time management skills, the ability to prioritize work, pay attention to detail, and troubleshoot problems
- Excellent written and verbal communication and organizational skills
- Bachelor’s degree
Location: Dupont Circle, Washington, D.C.
Application Due Date: Friday, April 27, 2018
Target Start Date: Mid- to late-May, 2018
To apply, send a copy of your resume and a cover letter to: